Viva Chat(APP) and http://www.vivachat.net/ are owned by the same subject(the same developer), so they can use the same brand, title, logo and name.
VivaChat is a real-time video chat application. You can meet new friends from all over the world and enjoy happy time via our platform.
When you use these services—and any others we roll out—you’ll inevitably share some information with us. We get that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and the choices we give you to control, access, and update your information.
Information We Collect
There are three basic ways we collect information:
· Information you choose to give us.
· Information we get when you use our services.
· Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a basic VivaChat account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique user name you’d like to go by, a password, an email address, your country, and your date of birth. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commerce products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the services. Keep in mind that the users you send texts, images, and any other content to can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to VivaChat as well: Don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact VivaChat Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you used one of the filter in app and the times you have used this filter. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services (to learn about how you can control some of this information, be sure to read the aptly titled Control over Your Information section below):
· Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
1. how you interact with the services, such as which filters you view or the times apply to discover.
2. how you communicate with other VivaChat users, such as their names, the time and date of your communications, the number of messages you exchange with your friends, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
· Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content, and the metadata that is provided with the content.
· Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
· Device Phonebook. Because VivaChat is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
· Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll access your camera and photos only after you give us your consent.
· Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
· Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
1. details about how you’ve used our services.
2. device information, such as your web browser type and language.
3. access times.
4. pages viewed.
5. IP address.
6. identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
7. pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. But we do a lot more as well, such as:
· develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
· communicate with you.
· monitor and analyze trends and usage.
· personalize the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
· enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
· verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
· use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
· enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
· With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
1. information about you, such as your username and name;
2. information about how you have interacted with the services, such as the names of users you are friends with, and other information that will help users understand your connections with others using the services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have VivaChat friends in common;
3. any additional information you have consented for us to share. For example, when you let us access your device phonebook, we may share information about you with other users who have your phone number in their device phonebook;
· With all users and the general public. We may share the following information with all users as well as the general public:
4. public information like your profile pictures that you submit to Local. If a Local service is streamed on the web or broadcast in some other media, it may be viewed by the public at large.
· With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the VivaChat family of companies.
· With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
5. With service providers, sellers, and partners. We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
6. With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
§ comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
§ investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
§ protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
§ detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
7. With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If VivaChat gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
· In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
How Long We Keep Your Content
VivaChat lets you text friends in chatroom. On our end, that means that we automatically delete the content (the photo and video messages that you send your friends) from our servers.
Finally—and this is important—you should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
· Access and Updates. We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. There are limits though to the requests we’ll accommodate. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. If you need to access, update, or delete any other personal information that we may have, you can put in a request here. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will of course disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
· Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phonebook, camera, photos, or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
· Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong VivaChat user, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just go here. If you ask to delete your account, you will have up to 30 days to restore your account before we delete your information from our servers. During this period of time, your account will not be visible to other VivaChat users.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Users Outside China
Although we welcome VivaChat users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, we operate our services from the China. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in China and other countries whose local data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your country of residence or from any country where you use or access the services.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 17. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 17.